Alternative Investment Funds of Cyprus (AIF)
In this article, we briefly review the main characteristics of Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds:
- Legal Forms: General Fund, Variable Capital Investment Company (VCIC), Fixed Capital Investment Company (FCIC) or Limited Partnership (LP);
- Eligible investors: professional and/or well-informed investors or retail investors;
- Number of investors: not limited;
- Minimum investment: 125,000 euros or 300,000 euros with independent management;
- Investment manager: self-management is possible or, in the case of companies, the appointment of a fund manager is possible;
- Assets management: there are no restrictions if an external alternative fund manager (AIFM) is appointed; otherwise – 100 million euros with leverage and 500 million euros without leverage and without repurchase within five years;
- Depository: if the Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) are managed by an external fund manager, the appointment of a depository in Cyprus is mandatory; if no external fund manager has been appointed, the depository may be located in Cyprus, in the EU or outside the EU.
We draw your attention to the fact that this article is for informational purposes only. For more advice, contact us at the contacts listed on the site.