TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER FOR BELIZE IBCS
We would like to inform you, the process of obtaining a TIN has been simplified. The new requirements are as follows:
- There is only one registration form for all IBCs.
- If a shareholder is an overseas Company, please provide a copy of that Company’s Certificate of incorporation.
- If the shareholder is a Belize IBC there is no need to provide a copy of the Company’s Certificate of incorporation since these documents are filed at the Registry.
- Payment of TIN application fee.
- Letter issued by the registry stating that the company is in good standing; this letter replaces the certificate of good standing.
Please be reminded all IBC`s need to obtain a TIN number (Tax Identification Number) from the Registry. Having a TIN number does not mean that the IBC is liable for tax in Belize. The purpose of this initiative is strictly for regulatory and tax authorities to efficiently monitor the status of the IBC. In the absence of such evidence, the entity will be regarded as an included entity that is subject to the substance requirements of the Act.
Should you need further assistance and/or advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.