Tax residency certificate in UAE
A Tax Residency Certificate in the UAE is the official document issued by the Ministry of Finance. Tax residency certificate confirms the tax residence of a company or individual person in a given country.
Documents required to confirm UAE tax residency for individuals:
- Passport copy, Emirates ID, Resident visa valid for at least 6 months
- Statement from a personal bank account in the UAE for the last 6 months
- Rental / lease agreements and Utility Bills;
- Certificate from the Immigration Service (number of days stayed in UAE)
- Source of income / Salary certificate.
Documents required to confirm UAE tax residency for companies:
- Shareholder passport copy, visa page , ID copy;
- Bank statement for 6 months from a bank account in the UAE;
- Rental / lease agreements;
- Audited financial statements;
- Сompany statutory documents.
This Tax Residency Certificate in the UAE will help to avoid the double taxation for foreign investors. UAE has signed the treaties with 60 countries to avoid the double taxation. The certificate is issued by the Ministry of Finance of the UAE and serves to confirm the tax status of the company to fiscal authorities and counterparties from other countries.
We draw your attention to the fact that this article is for informational purposes only. For more advice, contact us at the contacts listed on the site.